The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Lease World and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Lease World. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lease World takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Data Privacy Notice
Information regarding the personal data that we hold
You agree that we may use and update this centrally held information:
- to provide you with services
- to update our records about you
We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services. At your request and upon payment of a fee.
We may request that you supply us with personal information, sometimes sensitive, as this is required in order for us to offer our services and products to you. The following outlines the way in which we will gather data from you:-
- Via our telephone recording system which is used for security, training and monitoring purposes.
- Via our online proposal system where the information if entered by yourself
- Via any email communication that we may have with you
We will use your personal information along with any other information that we may obtain from other sources for dealing with your enquiries, customer services, and administration, considering and processing your application for our products and/or services, for marketing, for credit searches and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may also share your information with potential lenders, service providers, vehicle suppliers, agents and affiliates for these purposes.
- Your information will be passed to lenders so that they can assess your application for credit. They will also use your data to prevent fraud, to check your identify and to prevent money laundering. They might (i) search the files of credit reference agencies Equifax and/or Experian (or any other credit reference agency that we may use from time to time) who will record any credit searches on your file; and (ii) disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors. Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossessions.
It is important that you provide us with accurate information
If inaccurate or false information is provided this may affect your ability to obtain credit now and in the future and if fraud is identified the details of this will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
Please contact us at the address shown below if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may access and use, from other countries, the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Another person’s records will be ‘associated’ with you, by us and/or credit grantors, when:
- You make a joint application
- You advise us of a financial association with another person
- The credit reference agencies have existing linked or ‘associated’ records.
This ‘association’ will link your records at the credit reference agencies and will be taken into account in all future applications by either or both of you. This shall continue until one of you applies to the credit reference agencies and is successful in filing a ‘disassociation’. You MUST therefore ensure when making a joint application or advising us of some other financial association that you are entitled to:
- Disclose information about your joint application.
- Authorise us to search, link or record information at a credit reference agency/ies about you and anyone referred to by you.
We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and Website usage to help us improve the design and layout of our Website and provide content that we think will be of interest to you.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period of time to comply with regulation. By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal information for the above purposes.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although your personal information will still only be used in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit our website that contain a unique anonymous number.
They were created to overcome a limitation in web technology. Web pages are ‘stateless’ – which means that they have no memory, and cannot easily pass information between each other. So cookies provide a kind of memory for web pages.
Cookies can for example allow you to login on one page, then move around to other pages and stay logged in. They allow you to set preferences for the display of a page, and for these to be remembered the next time you return to it.
They cannot be used to identify you personally.
We use a variety of cookies to:
- Collect information that will help us to distinguish visitors, to understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website and to improve their experience.
- Compile statistical reports on website activity e.g. numbers of visitors and the pages they visit.
- Collect information that will allow us to tailor advertising to make it more relevant for you, based on your previous interactions with our website.
- Remember information about you when you visit our site. Some of the cookies are essential in order to provide our services to you.
Below are the four categories of cookies that we use on our websites:
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we will not be able to provide certain features.
This type collect anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates. For example we utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These remember choices you make such as if you are business or personal customer, which mileage and term you are interested in. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information is also merged with other users on an anonymous basis to enable us to improve how the site operates.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example we use 3rd party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. Your browser “help” section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings.